From September 2013, Wyndcliffe Primary School took responsibility from Admissions & Appeals for all in year applications for a school place. If your child is currently out of school, or you want them to transfer from their current school to Wyndcliffe Primary School, please come to the Oaks office and request an application form so that your child can be added to our waiting list. Alternatively, you can download an 'Application Form' and 'In-Year Cover Letter' below.
There is an admissions policy outlining in detail how to apply for a place and this is in line with the Local Authority guidelines and can be found on our school website.
The school can admit 30 children in any class.
Places are allocated according to the authority published criteria.
The criteria are as follows:
1. Looked after children and any child with a statement of Special Educational Needs.
2. Children with brothers or sisters already at school who will still be at Wyndcliffe Primary School when they start school themselves.
3. Children who live nearest to the school by straight line measurement.
The arrangements for children who transfer from another school to Wyndcliffe Primary School are as follows:
1. Once the decision to transfer to Wyndcliffe Primary School has been made, a start date for your child(ren) will be established. Details of previous school will be taken so that records can be passed on.
2. To assist with your son’s/daughter’s transfer, parents and children will have the opportunity to view the school at work and meet the Head Teacher.
We are an over subscribed school and are full in all year groups. If the year group is full, you will be placed on a waiting list and we will inform you when a place becomes available.
If you would like to seek more advice please feel free to come and talk to one of the school admin staff. Alternatively, you may wish to contact the Admissions and Appeals Department at Birmingham City Council - telephone number: 0121 303 1888.
Please make a note of the important dates below:
For 2020 Reception School Places: please follow the link which will direct you to Admissions & Appeals. You will then need to apply online for the school of your choice. The deadline to apply by is 15th January 2020.
- 16th April 2020 - National Offer Day
- 30th April 2020 - Deadline for accepting the offer
- 18th May 2020 - Deadline for submitting of appeals
- 20th July 2020 - Day appeal hearings should be heard by for those who submitted appeal before the deadline
- September 2020 - Term starts
For 2020 Current Year 6 to Year 7 Places: please follow the link which will direct you to Admissions & Appeals. You will then need to apply online for the school of your choice. The deadline to apply by is 31st October 2019.
- 2nd March 2020 - National Offer Day
- 16th March 2020 - Deadline for accepting the offer
- 30th March 2020 - Deadline for submitting of appeals
- May/June 2020 - Appeal hearings for appeals submitted before the deadline
- 1st July - Induction Day
- September 2020 - Term starts