From September 2013, Wyndcliffe Primary School took responsibility from Admissions & Appeals for all in year applications for a school place. If your child is currently out of school, or you want them to transfer from their current school to Wyndcliffe Primary School, please come to the Beeches office and request an application form so that your child can be added to our waiting list. Alternatively, you can download an 'Application Form' and 'In-Year Cover Letter' below.
There is an admissions policy outlining in detail how to apply for a place and this is in line with the Local Authority guidelines and can be found on our school website.
The school can admit 30 children in any class.
Places are allocated according to the authority published criteria.
The criteria are as follows:
1. Looked after children and any child with a statement of Special Educational Needs.
2. Children with brothers or sisters already at school who will still be at Wyndcliffe Primary School when they start school themselves.
3. Children who live nearest to the school by straight line measurement.
The arrangements for children who transfer from another school to Wyndcliffe Primary School are as follows:
1. Once the decision to transfer to Wyndcliffe Primary School has been made, a start date for your child(ren) will be established. Details of previous school will be taken so that records can be passed on.
2. To assist with your son’s/daughter’s transfer, parents and children will have the opportunity to view the school at work and meet the Head Teacher.
If the year group is full, you will be placed on a waiting list and we will inform you when a place becomes available.
If you would like to seek more advice please feel free to come and talk to one of the school admin staff. Alternatively, you may wish to contact the Admissions and Appeals Department at Birmingham City Council - telephone number: 0121 303 1888.
Please make a note of the important dates below:
For 2022 Reception School Places: please follow the link which will direct you to Admissions & Appeals. You will then need to apply online for the school of your choice. The deadline to apply by is 15th January 2022.
Application period starts - 1st October 2021
Closing date for applications - 15 January 2022
National offer day - 16th April 2022
Deadline for refusing the offer - 30th April 2022
Deadline for submitting appeals - 17th May 2022
Appeal hearings for appeals submitted on time should be heard by 19th July 2022
Term starts September 2022
For 2022 Current Year 6 to Year 7 Places: please follow the link which will direct you to Admissions & Appeals. You will then need to apply online for the school of your choice. The deadline to apply by is 31st October 2021.
Application period starts - 1st September 2021
Closing date for applications - 31st October 2021
National offer day - 1st March 2022
Deadline for accepting the offer - 15th March 2022
Deadline for submitting appeals - 29th March 2022
Appeal hearings for appeals submitted on time - May and June 2022
Induction day at Secondary School - 7th July 2022
Term starts - September 2022